Actualizado: jul 21
Topics: loneliness - elderly - ad campaigns
Level: B1 and above
Skills: Speaking and Listening
- To raise Ss' awareness of loneliness and suggest ways to overcome it.
- To empathize with people who feel isolated.
- To look at a picture and make connections and predictions.
- To read and listen to a Cadbury campaign that helps the elderly overcome this issue.
- To relate the topic to their own context and experience.
- To reflect on the concept of loneliness and its change across lifetime,
- To analyze some poetry (optional)
Use of Language & Lexis:
- To use modal verbs and phrases to give advice and express possibility.
- To use expressions to give opinion.
- To learn / review figures of speech (simile, metaphor, personification, hyperbole, oxymoron, alliteration, repetition...)
- To learn / review some vocabulary in context.
Link to Cadbury ad: Cadbury Dairy Milk Donate your words.
Cadbury Website: https://donateyourwords.com/