Actualizado: 31 may 2021
Topics: General English - movie review
Level: B1 and above
Skills: Speaking, Listening, Writing
- To talk about favorite movies.
- To express opinion, likes and dislikes.
- To listen for gist and detail.
- To write their own movie review and share it in class.
Use of language & lexis:
- To use Simple Present to describe the movie plot.
- To use passive voice to describe roles and setting.
- To learn / review some vocabulary relates to movies.
- To analyze some chunks from the listening activity and paraphrase/provide synonyms.
Note: I chose"My favourite film", a listening activity from the British Council website and I didn't include Teacher's notes since you can see the transcript on the link. I used the American spelling and vocabulary for this activity "My favorite movie", in case you want to teach / review it in class. Hope you like it! Silvina :)
You can find some complementary vocabulary on this website https://movingenglishlessons.com/ielts-speaking-vocabulary-movies/