Actualizado: jul 7
Topics: Business English - hard skills vs. soft skills - job interview
Level: A2 and above
Skills: Speaking, Reading and Writing
- To compare and contrast hard skills and soft skills.
- To identify students' skills and talk about them.
- To reflect on skills that need to be improved and potential solutions.
- To read and analyze information from infographics.
- To watch a video, discuss its content and relate it to students' experience.
- To write a short paragraph explaining in what ways they are working on improving some skills.
Use of language and lexis:
- To use Simple Present to express abilities.
- To use modal verb "can" to express abilities.
- To use Simple Past to talk about educational background.
- To learn / review vocabulary to talk about skills.
Link to infographic exercise 4 and video exercise 9: https://www.thebalancecareers.com/hard-skills-vs-soft-skills-2063780
Link to more useful phrases to describe soft skills: https://englishpost.org/lesson-plan-soft-skills/
Link to infographic exercise 7: https://wp.wpi.edu/catalyst/2016/09/30/soft-skills-arent-hard-infographic/