Topics: vacations - types of accommodation - summer plans
Level: A1 and above
Skills: Speaking and Writing
- To brainstorm ideas related to vacations (places, travel essentials, types of accommodation and travelers)
- To classify different types of accommodation.
- To express opinion and preference about accommodation.
- To write a composition about past or future vacation plans.
Use of language & lexis:
- To use Simple Present to talk about likes and preferences.
- To use Simple Past to talk about past travel experiences.
- To use future tenses to talk about future plans.
- To learn / review vocabulary related to travel.
- To learn / review adjectives to describe types of accommodation.
- To learn / review travel portmanteaus.
Some portmanteaus were taken from this article: Staycation or bleisure? Travel loves made-up words
Answers: motor + hotel: motel / business + leisure: bleisure / stay + vacation: staycation /
honeymoon + volunteering: honeyteering / ecology + tourism: ecotourism /
man + vacations: mancations / baby + honeymoon: babymoon (to take a trip before the baby is born)