Actualizado: 3 abr 2021
Topics: Environmental issues - climate change - pollution
Level: B1 and above
Skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
- To raise awareness on environmental issues.
- To encourage digital literacy.
- To promote critical thinking: to reflect on purpose of the video.
- To predict information before watching a video.
- To listen for gist and detail.
- To learn and talk about expeditions to Mount Everest.
- To summarize information to include in a timeline.
- To do further research of the topic and write about their findings.
Use of Language:
- To learn / review vocabulary related to environmental issues and mountaineering.
- To review numbers.
- To use Simple Present to talk about climate change and environmental issues.
- To use Simple Past to describe past actions and initiatives.
- To use comparatives and superlatives. (E.g. To make mountain environments cleaner, we should... / Mount Everest is the highest peak in the world.)
- To use modal verbs of possibility.
- To use Second Conditional to describe hypothetical situations.
Link to video (within the article!): https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/partner-content-bally-cleaning-up-everest