Topics: Business English - strengths and weaknesses - job interview
Level: A2 and above
Skills: Speaking, Reading and Writing
- To identify and reflect on professional areas of improvement.
- To talk about self-awareness.
- To read and analyze some answers to this question.
- To answer this question in parts and then, write a complete answer.
Use of language:
- To use Simple Present to talk about routine.
- To use Simple Past to talk about past events.
- To learn / review Present Perfect to talk about recent and ongoing experiences.
- To learn / review Second Conditional (optional...)
- To learn / review vocabulary to talk about weaknesses.
- To learn / review phrases followed by to+infinitive or -íng form.
- As part of the Warm-up stage, you can ask your students what they should and shouldn't say when asked this question in a job interview and make a Dos and Don'ts list.
- Some vocabulary from exercise 5 might be a bit challenging for A2 students. However, they can infer their meaning by context (there are some key words in each paragraph) or ask for help, if necessary.
- The idea is that students learn the lexical chunks in order to express their ideas.
Answers - exercise 5:
A - D - B - E - F - C