Actualizado: 3 abr 2021
Topics: Business - Problem-solving - Mediation
Level: B2 and above
Skills: Speaking and Listening
- To talk about conflict situations in the workplace.
- To talk about the characteristics of a good mediator.
- To listen to a conversation in which people try to solve a conflict in the office.
- To listen for gist and detail.
- To suggest possible solutions to a problem.
- To put ourselves in others' shoes and see a problem from different perspectives.
- Use of Language:
- To use different verb tenses to talk about experiences.
- To work on collocations of conflict and problem.
- To analyze the use of the verb "to stick to" in different sentences.
- To review second conditional to talk about hypothetical and unreal situations.
Link to British Council audio: https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/business-english/podcasts-for-professionals/managing-conflict