How do you work under pressure?
Actualizado: 11 jul 2021
Topics: Business English - job interview - pressure
Level: A2 and above
Skills: Speaking and Writing
- To discuss the pros and cons of working under pressure.
- To express how students feel when facing pressure.
- To describe specific situations in which students worked under pressure.
- To talk about different issues that lead teams to work under pressure.
- To learn / review the STAR method.
- To brainstorm ideas and answer the question about working under pressure using the STAR method.
Use of language:
- To use Simple Present to talk about routiines.
- To use Simple Past to talk about specific past actions.
- To use Present Perfect to talk about experiences.
- To learn / review expressions of contrast.
- To learn / review expressions of opinion.
- To learn / review adjectives to describe situations and feelings (e.g. stressful, stressed, exhasting, exhausted, tired, frustrating, frustrated, etc...)
Exercise 1: "Under pressure", song by Queen (1981)
Link to article: How To Use the STAR Interview Response Technique